I can tell you that I had similar problems when I tried to do this with the K2 back before the K2's 100-watt KPA100 was available. I tried using an external 100-watt solid-state amplifier (good quality, made by Henry Radio) to drive a one-kW linear. Sometimes it worked, but sometimes there was feedback which caused horrible clicks/spurs, etc.

There is a lot of gain external to the KX3 here. I think you have the answer in "RF hygiene," which should include separate leads to the power supply for the KX3, KXPA100 and ALS-600S (or separate power supplies). Good coax and liberal use of ferrites might help too.