Graham,

I agree. And I also hear a "transient
click" albeit it far better than before.
Since you hear it as well, I have to ask
you if you hear it on the right side, not
the left, If you play a character slowly,
do you hear it at the end of the character
and if it goes away completely if you
engage the sub Rx?

This is what I have found with my K3.

73,

Gary
KA1J

> Yes, it's a significant improvement.  There's still some slight
> transient click but much better.  Well done Elecraft!
>
> Graham
>

> On 19:59, Wayne Burdick wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Our latest K3 firmware field test went very well, with great reports from
> > CW operators regarding the new QSK sound. Many have been waiting patiently
> > (or not :) for a few years for this improvement.
> >
> > This firmware is now a beta release (rev. 5.01), available at:
> >
> >     http://www.elecraft.com/K3/k3_software.htm

> Message delivered to g...@ka1j.com

---