On Sat,12/20/2014 2:29 PM, Ray Collins wrote:
After getting many reports of poor quality transmit audio with my K2 (using the
Proset K2 Heil boom microphone and headset), I carried out the modifications
described by G3RXQ which increase the lower cut off frequency of the microphone
circuit on the KSB2.  This involves changing C34 from 2.2uF to 1uF, C31 from
2.2uF to 1uF and C20 from 0.33uF to 0.1uF.

I did something quite similar (maybe even those values) with my K2 back around 2004. I also increased the load impedance of the input and another stage to add a few dB of gain so that I would hit the limiter harder.

73, Jim K9YC