As usual, everyone has an opinion! ;)

I have been involved with Internet mail lists (many hams call 'em
reflectors) since before there was a world wide web.  Proper etiquette is
to "top post" like I have done, so it's easy to read the current reply.
Often, "snipping" a message content will lose important context that a
later reader might want to reference. Most mail lists (this one included)
are archived.

Just my humble $0.02.

73,

Chris
K1AY

--
Life is like Linux - it never stands still.