My P3 is without the SVGA adapter and I see no issues.

I wonder if the problems with that adapter relate to RF susceptibility of the SVGA monitor rather than a problem in the Elecraft hardware? Testing whether the P3 hangs with the SVGA monitor attached but not with it disconnected might provide some insight.

73, Phil W7OX