Ed, can you mount the combo? As I recall I had to remove the original plate on my KX3 to mount Fred's heat sink.

This aspect of the new Elecraft approach "A high-performance, die-cut thermal gasket is used between the rear panel and heat sink to ensure excellent heat transfer" is most interesting.

Your comparisons of the Cooler-KX vs. the new Elecraft heat sink will be very interesting!

Phil W7OX