I built one of those, and it was an interesting learning experience. But its performance doesn't come close to the PX3, which I later acquired.

Panadapters tend to be an addictive operating tool. Once I started using the K3-P3 combo I found that operating any rig without one was like flying blind. And having used my P3, the PX3 for my KX3 was hard to resist.

But doing the TPP for use with the KX3 was a fun project with just enough frustration to make it interesting :-)

The guide done by Josh, M0JMO in the first link below -- and some helpful emails from Josh -- were invaluable to me. Using his parameters I never ran into the freeze problem mentioned in the second link.

73, Phil W7OX