Still running my K1 (#1423) on inefficient low
antennas.
I have some trees that will give me good height 50-60'
and orient the main lobe of a double extended zepp
(14MHz) toward Oregon, take notice ECN.

I have come across a device that will keep the antenna
at near DC ground at all times.

http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/ice/impulse1.html

go down to "Open Wire Arrestor", Model 309

"All units use torroidal inductors and present near
dead DC short on antenna side of arrestor, constantly
draining feedline wires of static and any developed
voltage potential feedthrough breakdown voltage from
input ports to output ports 4,000 to 6,000 volts.
Arrestor units may be placed anywhere in the feedline
at ground level without serious change in tuning, but
small change may be detectable due "to small" increase
in total feedline length caused by size of arrestor
case & circuit."

Just wondering if anyone else has used this or a
similar item and what comments might be made. Just
trying to be save from lightning.
I would also put a DPDT knife switch between the feed
line and the K1 with BL2 to ground the feed line when
not in use.

Thanks all.

73, W1TF, Ty in GA