Using a Tascam US-2x2 here with the same process. It's a great solution for me as I can monkey around with my Mac sound settings on the internal soundcard for other apps but when I'm ready to do a digi mode I just plug the Tascam in and go. There's no adjustment needed to get correct levels as they're set on the US-2x2.

Tighe
NK4I