Mark,

I have both the KX3 and K3.  My current software configuration is to use
Win4K3 ( http://va2fsq.com/ ) as the main software.  It provides a
panadapter scope (interfacing a Steinberg UR22 USB Soundcard to get a full
192khz spectrum) to the KX3/K3 I/Q.  I then use Ham Radio Deluxe HRDLogger
and Rotor Control.  Win4K3 allows me to log Qs from the Win4K3 terminal
into HRD and ADIF.  Chasing DX, I can use the built in CW/PSK/RTTY features
of Win4K3 and the KX3/K3 to chase and operate.

In contesting mode, I still use Win4K3 with N1MM+.  I also use cwskimmer.
Win4K launches skimmer, HRD, and other apps.  It will put spots from
cwskimmer/wintelnetx into panadapter display.

Win4K3 works with ClubLog to see your worked/confirmed to help you see if a
new one in the spots is need or not.

I will email you a configuration PDF.

Win4K can be used in a small discrete way or to help you integrate all
these other apps.

I used Win4K flawlessly this weekend during the ARRL DX Phone contest to
find slots to call cq/run.

Need any other info, drop me a note.

Doug NA1DX
na...@arrl.net