I have been running DATA A with my SignaLink USB for JT65 & JT9 using WSJT-X. However I am now having some problems (interfacing with other rig control software) that are making me question why I settled on DATA A rather than USB?

Other than the fact DATA A inherently eliminates all potential audio settings that might cause problems if USB was used, which seems like a big plus to me.

Are there any other reasons why DATA A is preferred for the data modes?

I have run DATA A successfully for at least 5-6 years and being a creature of habit, I hate to switch to USB unless I am forced to.

Anyone have convincing arguments pro or con about this question I am willing to hear them.

P.S.
I also use DATA A with Fldigi for PSK/RTTY/Olivia/etc

--
GB & 73
K5OAI