Hello,

The Jan. 2006 Polar Bear Moonlight Madness Sprint / Hunt is going to be held on Jan. 14th, 2006. Yep I know the NA Contest is going on the same time but it looks like any Polar Bears that are going to be on 40 meters will hang out around 7.110 MHz.

Anyway, if you are interested in the Polar Bear activity, please check out the web page www.n3epa.org for more details about the PB Sprint / Hunt. There will be certificates for each state that bag the most PB's. Now there are 2 club calls with PB numbers.

As for myself, this will be my second outing on the Appalachian Trail this year. I was going over my log and to my surprise I have already passed my 500 QSO from the AT and I am closing in on my 600 Q now. I also need 9 more states to worked all the states from the AT. Below are my stats.

564 QSO from the Appalachian Trail
 41 States worked from the AT
 14 Countries worked from the AT

I will be looking for anyone operating on the AT from the States of MA and ME so I can complete my AT to AT QSO with all 14 States that the AT run through.

I will also be looking for the following States to complete my WAS from the AT.

MS, ND, SD, MT, NM, AZ, OR, AK & HI.

I will be looking for any DX stations also to get closer to my DXCC from the AT. The last three times out I have worked DX station in Europe on 30 and 40 meters.

I will be using my K2 this time out.

72 and Thanks,
Ron Polityka
WB3AAL