Weller Soldering Tip Care and Use (Adobe Acrobat)
can be found on their web site, as well as other helpful documents on
soldering:
http://www.cooperhandtools.com/brands/electronic_applications/index.htm

The PTF tip is a 1/32" (0.031") conical flat tip -- VERY SMALL tip surface
area and useful for some surface mount work.
Always remember to match you tip to the surfaces being soldered
(YES, it means that you sometimes have to change a tip -- just like changing
a drill bit).
For the PTF, I try to avoid 800 degree tips due to the tip size.
700 is better and some users may prefer 600 degree -
depending upon the work (heat sensitive components, etc)

Electronix Express web page has very good graphics to show the tip and its
plating
http://www.elexp.com/t_solder.htm

===
I find older TCP-1 irons where the SW-60 magnetic switch has seized  ....
and a "wack" on the bench does not always solve the problem.   :-)
When a TCP series is used in production workbenches (24x7x7),
the SW-60 switch cycles about 124,800 times each year (assuming one cycle
per minute on average)
I don't know of many light switches that survive that many cycles !
This is one of the areas I check when refurbishing units from unknown
operations

Weller added a 3 amp fuse in the 24 VAC line in models after about 1970
(WTCP-L; WTCPK; WTCPN; WTCPS) of the TCP series.
This was a useful change to prevent shorted SW-60 (runaway heaters) and
heaters that fail as dead short.
I add this fuse, if not present, to almost every pre-WTCPT station that I
refurbish.  In fact many "dead base units" just have a blown 3 amp fuse
inside !!

When they got to the WTCPT model 15 years ago, they switched the fuse to the
120 VAC primary winding of the transformer.

Greg
w9gb