Kurt,

Interesting observation - the RF on your antenna from the BC station could
have had an effect on the KAT100 wattmeter in its measurement of reverse
power and was 'fooled' into thinking that signal from the BC station was
reverse power (it is likely much more complicated than that, but the
principles remain) - that situation could lead to incorrect tuning.

Wattmeters are not frequency selective, they just detect whatever is on the
coax.

73,
Don W3FPR