Gang,
The stuff you are referring to is used a lot by RVers to keep stuff from moving about. One caution, if you leave it in contact with painted items for a long time, it will leave marks that may be difficult to remove. If we are talking about the same stuff, it is much cheaper at the various Dollar discount stores.
Wayne  K9NE

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph Trombino Jr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Elecraft" <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 28, 2006 4:18 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Scratches

----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry Makoski W2LJ" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 28, 2006 2:55 PM
Subject: [Elecraft] Scratches

I found an old Radio Shack amplified speaker in my junk box and decided to hook it up to the K2 for some extra added "punch". It fits nicely on top of the K2 but I was wary of scratching the finish. So I applied to the bottom of the speaker, several of those round felt pads that are meant for the bottom of furniture legs. No more worries about scratching the K2!

73 de Larry W2LJ

Howdy Larry:

A while back I bought a roll of stuff used to line your kitchen drawers and shelves....it is called "Contact" and looks like a cloth embroidery but is made of some kind of material that is absolutely non-skid.

I use it to keep my smaller QRP rigs from scratching the tops of my larger QRP rigs....it can also be used underneath a small paddle to keep the paddle in place.

It is great stuff and doesn't cost much....you can easily cut it with scissors to size.

Believe I got it from Ace hardware but it should be in any store like Lowes, Home Depot, etc.

Give it a try.....you'll probably discover more uses for it in your shack.

                                   73, Joe W2KJ
                                   I QRP, therefore, I am