Yes, and I remember when the kinks were introduced. Through-hole 4-layer circuit board for a vehicular and aircraft application, I gave one of our prototypes that had been auto-stuffed to our Mech E. and told him to put it into his shake-and-bake, and show me the vibration spectra when the parts fell off. Every single one of the kinked caps flew off at well below our contract vibration specs.

I don't subject my K2 to anything like that, but I have dropped my pack a couple of times [and knew I would], and I straightened all the leads and put the caps right down on the board when I built it. It's a little more work, I figured it was worth it.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the Cal QSO Party 1-2 Oct 2016