A good place to check space weather is :   www.spaceweather.com
  73 & GL,
       Kevin.  KD5ONS

On 11/4/2015 7:03 AM, Al Gulseth wrote:
Greetings Elecrafters,

I have an older Sangean portable next to the bed that I sometimes listen to
while I'm settling in for the evening. Frequently I'll tune in W1AW for a
quick rough propagation indicator. Last evening 40M, which usually has a
strong signal in the 9-10 PM Central timeframe, was much weaker than usual.
80 was also down, so I went to 20 expecting a weak signal at best as the band
is usually shutting down by that long after sunset. I was surprised to hear a
stronger signal there than on 40, and I could also hear W1AW on 17 and 15,
which are usually dead by then this time of year. Is this possibly due to the
current geomagnetic storm? (I'm still learning when it comes to
solar/geomagnetic events and propagation.)

TNX/73, Al

Message delivered to kev...@coho.net