The KAT500 relay switch over between two in-band segments is driving me nuts. A lot of DXpeditions on 160 use 1823.0Khz for transmit listening up 1-5khz. Every time the K3 goes from A RX to B TX, and back again, it involves a cur-chunk from the KAT500 whether the tuner is in Auto or Manual. It happens where ever there is a segment boundary but is particularly annoying in the DX portions of the CW bands. Would it be possible to alter the K3's firmware to recognize a Split or XIT from the K3 as a Transmit on B VFO or XIT only? I know it would not affect owners of rigs other than the K3/K3s.
Tnx,
W1ZK