Eric,
A great update to the K3/K3s would be a fully adjustable IF NB Width control. The available choices now are NAR/MED/WID with 7 degrees of level. Electric fences are wide pulse. I have observed that width vary based on the manufacturer and the quality of the installation; read - all terrible! This is almost exclusively due to inadequate (_non existent_) grounds, bare wire nailed to tree trunks, wire connections that are not really connections at all and the inevitable brush/branch/grass growth along the wire paths. All the JA manufacturers since the 1970s built 40lb primary station radios with noise blankers set to eliminate automobile ignition noise! ICOM with their IC-781 in the late 1980s added a width control along with the level control. Besides my K2 & K3 I have an ICOM 7600. The latest iteration of it's menu system allows adjustable NB level 0-100%, depth 1-10 (still not sure what it does; I leave it at 4) and width adjustable 0-100. With the NB Width control set half way at 50, I can eliminate the pulsing with a Level setting of 50%. If I try that on 160/80 CW chasing DX the pileup will blow the IF away. Increasing the Width to 75 and reducing the Level to 20% the fence pulsing is close to non existent but the pile up is not overloading the IF.
Ralph W1ZK