Read Bill's post carefully. Notice that he had no indication of the effects of poor IMD due to low power supply voltage. You will *not* hear bad reports from the stations you contact. However, your signal will "splatter" over the band at frequencies away from where you are transmitting. Be kind to your ham 'neighbors' (and they do not have to be in close proximity) and keep that power supply voltage up to reduce the transmit IMD. Most Elecraft products will be happy with a power supply voltage up to 15 volts. I recommend a power supply voltage of 13.8 volts (the voltage of a fully and recently charged "12 volt" lead acid battery).

73,
Don W3FPR