I don't know if this applies to your station, but if you are using a level converter circuit similar to the one in Fred's KX3 book -- 10K input resistor to NPN base with a diode to ground/emitter and a .1 MFD cap between the collector/output and ground -- this might apply.

I was using the circuit to level translate RS-232 input to an Arduino. I discovered that the .1 MFD cap so distorted the signal waveform that it wouldn't decode in the Arduino. Removing the cap fixed the problem.

73 Bill AE6JV