Hi,

It's not that difficult, most of the work is just programming the P3
macros into the P3 as Elecraft instructs you to do.  Which was harder to
do than prepping the Genovation, as I used an external keyboard on the
P3.

Once the Keypad is updated, I just enter the triggers one time, hit the
download button on the keypad software, and I am done forever
programming the keypad.

The keypad triggers the P3 to fire its macros, so you just program the
triggers in once, and on the P3 make sure they match.  If you want to
change macros, just change the P3 keeping the same trigger.  The
triggers are arbitrarily selected.  I used 1-z, 1-0, and F1-F12, one for
each key.  Then I just program the P3 to fire a macro on the appropriate
trigger.

The trick is in getting the triggers to match, and that is taken care of
by the chart you can download.

The write up makes it look a lot worse than it is because of the detail
level.  The entire process took about 3 minutes to prep the Genovation,
and the rest of the time was spent making macros on the P3.

Once the Genovation is programmed I never program it again...  All it
does is trigger macros from the P3.

I must say, that after using the external keypad for a few hours on a
pileup it is nice...  I almost never touch the K3 anymore.

--
Thanks and 73's,
www.nk7z.net

For MixW support see;