The most destructive element to all solid state devices is......... HEAT!

The KPA500 seems well protected and will drop off line if the temperature exceeds a preset level. My only concern regarding pushing an amp like this or any other solid state amp to near rated values, same for near maximum heat values, what happens if the protection circuit fails? Hopefully the software will recognize a protective circuit failure and shut the amp down.

73
Bob, K4TAX