The band input line pins are set up as input on the Arduino. As such, they are high impedance, so I don't think there is any way to drive them from the Arduino (short of changing the program/sketch). I normally leave my switch controller powered on with the K3 powered off, and have not experienced any problems.

If there were other things in the shack driving the lines, there might be a over voltage issue for the Arduino, but I think there would also be issues with the K3 driver circuitry. (One drives high, one drives low and lots of current flows.)

73 Bill AE6JV