Totally agree.
I built a dipole one time and fed it with the 450 Ohm window line everybody likes to use. I twisted the ends of the window line and crimped a couple of terminals on the ends. If it was going to be a permanent antenna I would have soldered it.

Two years later when I took it down I disconnected the window line from the 1:1 current balun and the terminals came off in my hand. Apparently when I twisted the strands before crimping the connectors I removed some of the copper. The steel wire underneath had rusted to dust a good six inches back. No more window line here, doesn't matter who sells it, and no more copper weld.