In my continued looking and reading, I have been coming across rack-mount line
mixers. Since all I’m really trying to do is interconnect my equipment (the TX
and RX EQs in the K3 and KX3 seem to work fine for me) and since someone
mentioned the Shure SCM800, would there be any “gotchas” going that route? I’d
have to build a new cabinet with rack rails, but I have been considering
building a new set of shelves for my amateur equipment anyway. Any other
gotchas I need to consider?

Thanks,
Joel - W4JBB