Apparently the principals at Elecraft have decided, quite some time ago, not to offer a 1500W amp.
If you want an SSPA that will do 1.5K spend the $8K for the SPE 2KFA.
If you think Elecraft can produce an amp of that caliber for less than $8K I've got some lakefront property for sale.

There simply aren't enough hams ready, willing and able to spend that kind of money to make it economically viable.

They'll get killed by the amp competition. As soon as all the fan boys with money are exhausted the market will dry up. $8K+ for an Elecraft SSPA or less than half that for an Ameritron AL-1500...and before you go down the "Ameritron is crap" road... a bunch of real famous contesters use the AL-1500 and win with it.