Yes.
Also once any potential driver issue is rectified and the sound card is installed remember EXACTLY which USB port you plugged it into and use the same port always. Even though the driver is installed if you disconnect and reconnect to a different port Windows will see it as a new device and start the driver dance again.
Unless plug and pray has gotten a whole lot better (I doubt it).