Sometimes there really is no good explanation because people don't use the same hardware, and thus have different drivers installed. They also have different software installed. The machine I'm typing this on is a quad core processor running at 4Ghz with 16 Gigabytes of ram and a pair of SSD's. This thing rips by anybody's standard. It won't run Adobe Flash worth a crap. All three browsers will lock up from time to time. Kill the Flash plugin and it works but there goes my "multimedia experience".

So, it could be hardware, it could be USB driver versions, it could be drivers for any of the hardware installed, it could be installed software. It could be Windows itself. Point is the Winkey bypasses all that stuff and is still "one wire compliant" in that it doesn't connect to the radio except the key jack which I assume may already have a paddle hooked up.