Looks like it's time for me to call Elecraft support on this one .

- 73 and good DX de Mike,  <http://www.qrz.com/db/k6mkf/> K6MKF, President -
<http://ncdxc.org/index.html> NCDXC

From: Mike Flowers [mailto:mike.flow...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2016 10:22 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: P3 CENTER button and SVGA display

Hi Gang,

I have the P3 with SVGA option and a K3.

The firmware appears up to date, according to the P3 Utility.

I've set CenterEn: ON and use the CENTER button and the P3 knob to move DX
pileups more into the center of the display.

When I hold the CENTER button while in CENTER mode, the P3 display returns
the VFO A green bar to the Center position, and the red bar of VFO B to the
correct vertical position relative to VFO A.

However, the SVGA is hopelessly confused at this point, and the VFO A green
bar and the VFO B red bar are incorrectly positioned.

A power-cycle on the P3 is required to return the SVGA to normal.

I thought I might be getting RF into the SVGA port - but now have discovered
this happens without any TX at all.

Any suggestions or further things to check will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.