I had this problem in spades finding an antenna to use on my Miata with a Yeasu FTM-10R, which does 2M and 70Ccm along with AM and FM broadcast. The FTM-10R manual says, “NOTE: An antenna designed with a matching device that forms a low DC resistance to ground may have poor recep on on the AM
Page 2
broadcast band.”

I finally parked the car outside our local Ham Radio Outlet and took antenna after antenna out to try them. I ended up with a Larson NMO-2/70 SH antenna which would receive AM and work on all the rest of the bands. In addition, it is quite small and doesn’t overwhelm the car.

73 Bill AE6JV