I think it's directly proportional to the amount we spend on said device.
If we spend a lot for it, the the expensive doo -dad must be at fault when things hit the fan. Couldn't possibly be the software. N1MM+ is a great piece of software used by thousands and the price is free, gratis, etc....It's not perfect, never will be.