Clay,

I see you've received offers for data on the feed point impedance and VSWR
of an 80M loop.  If you feel you need more just let me know.  I have
modeled, built and used a number of 80M loops very successfully.  Properly
sized and fed, they offer well under 2:1 SWR within all the HF bands with
the exception of 60M and 30M and perhaps 80M depending on the installed
height.  300 ohm window line (more nearly 265 ohm) with a 4:1 balun can work
very well.  If you feed  a square loop 80M at 1/3 the distance from any
corner, the feed point impedance at resonance will be in the 200-300 ohm
range...a good match for 300 (265) ohm window line and a usable match for a
4:1 balun.

Modeling is a wonderful way to experiment with the design.  You can play
with loop circumference and the window line and coax lengths to optimize the
SWR across the bands.  We use these regularly at field day and only need a
tuner on 80M.
---
Chuck, AE4CW

-----