The IQ outputs are for displaying the received spectrum on a pan adapter like the PX3 or other spectrum display software like NaP3 through the sound card in the computer. The audio output at the headphone jack is for feeding audio to digital mode software like FLDigi or MixW to work modes like PSK31, RTTY and JT65/9. FLDigi, MixW, or WSJT/x wouldn't know what to do with an IQ output.