Yes Steve, don't be alarmed. It is totally normal, you are not in danger, only good will happen, although this is unknown to those devoid of Elecraft radios. Since my learning curve on new radios is about one button/knob/menu setting every six months or so, the K2 was great! Not that I've mastered it all, but it sure does work!

Fred K6DGW
Auburn CA CM98lw

"QBK?:  How many knobs does your radio have?"
"QKN?:  How many of those do you know how to use?"

Steve Jackson wrote:
"I don't know if anybody else on the reflector does
this, but everytime I turn my K2 on, and use if on a
DX-ped hour after hour, I sit and look at this itty
bitty radio, and am just amazed at how something so
small, can be so good! anybody else do this?"