Congratulations!
You were ready to make an anchor out of a week ago.

On 4/17/2016 5:28 PM, lstavenhagen wrote:
In case anyone's interested, I just completed my erstwhile dead K2 and it
appears to be in good health on all bands after the final alignment.

Whew... I dodged a bullet on this one lol....

The transmitter came out particularly good, ranging from about 11 to 12
watts max on 10M up to around 14W max on 80 (on a 12v 9AH battery). I was
extremely careful with winding the transformers in this rig, T2 in
particular and positioning it above the board a bit as specified, moreso
than in my first K2. So it actually outperforms my first K2 by almost a watt
on 10 and 12M lol. Either that or the first one just needs realigned which
it probably does.

The RX seems to be fine on all bands too according to my XG3.

All that's left is the final assembly and then I'll decide what options to
put in it. But first I need to take it out /p and use it for a bit to make
sure it's all good. I can use my X1 external antenna tuner for that....

Anyway, thank goodness. It lives!

Tnx es 73,
LS
W5QD