There are some options available for the P3 including a power/SWR meter and an external monitor output (called the SVGA option). These can be retrofitted to all P3s.

In general, Elecraft leans over backwards to make upgrade kits available for older models. See their web site to check if there are any kits available for the P3.

BTW - I love my P3 and wouldn't be without it.

73 Bill AE6JV