As I promised, I would load the soft KX3 case from Rose into my soft-sided roller bag and fly it across the country an report what happened.

What happened is the left lever on the KXPD3 iambic key was broken resulting in ERR KEY on the radio. Backing out the adjustment screw restored the key to operational status, but I still need to find time to install a replacement part. I did not have a problem when I packed the KX3, PX3, SignaLink etc. etc all into a Pelican case.

Solutions:

(1) Use a Pelican case, but it adds considerably to the weight.

(2) Remove the key for transport. (The solution I'm using now.)

(3) Some kind of hard cup to protect the key. (3D printing anyone?)

73 Bill AE6JV