I found the SignaLink USB VOX based PTT to be very reliable. When I am using a SignaLink, I can always know my computer is transmitting by hearing the relay click in the SignaLink. When I had it connected to the PTT of the K3, it was 100% reliable.

(I have moved to a different sound interface since. I still use the SignaLink with my KX3 operating portable.)

73 Bill AE6JV