-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:        Re: [Elecraft] K2 and Linux contest logging
Date:   Sun, 5 Jun 2016 10:29:29 -0500
From:   Kevin Stover <kevin.sto...@mediacombb.net>
To:     elecraft@mailman.qth.net

TLF or XTLF connected to a K1EL WinKey.
That is a contest only solution.
For general logging and other stuff you can use the Linux equivalent of
HRD, CQRLog.

The Winkey plugs in the key jack on the K2 which you have set for Hand
keying.
Both TLF and XTLF support Hamlib so you can do rig control through a
serial or USB port on the computer.
Be aware that the DB9 connector on the K2 IS NOT A SERIAL PORT. DO NOT
CONNECT A SERIAL CABLE TO THAT PORT.

You can find directions for building the appropriate cable on the
Elecraft website or the instructions for the KIO2. The cable building
instructions begin at page thirteen in my manual.