An idea just off the top of my head: Put a physical grid over the touch screen so the blind OP can find the buttons. A grid of 2mm x 2mm bars separated into 15-20mm areas might work well. Have the radio speak the status of the button when it is pressed. If you have two-level press sensitivity, like the new Apple MacBooks, then you can use one level as a request to report the status and the other as a request to change the status (press the button). Rectangular areas could be used as sliders for adjustments etc. (Note that for blind usage, you don't need a screen. A touch pad alone will do.

One of the great things about amateur radio is that people with significant handicaps can still play. One of the board members of my club is blind. Other members bring him to meetings, and it is always nice to hear his voice on the air. People who can't hear can still be expert digital operators. etc.

Elecraft is to be applauded for their commitment to accessibility.

73 Bill AE6JV