I have been using a solar charge controller from CIrKits <http://www.cirkits.com/scc3/>. The kit comes in a 20A version and there are modification instructions for 40A, 60A, and 80A. I have the 20A version and have noticed no RFI in my suburban QTH. The higher current modifications change some of the circuit resistors to keep the RFI low, so low RFI was one of the design goals.

This controller feeds full panel current to the battery until the voltage reaches the float voltage and then floats the battery at that voltage. This techniqueis a good for lead-acid batteries but is probably not appropriate for lithium family chemistries.

It is also not the most efficient way to charge a lead-acid battery. Higher efficiency can be achieved by charging at a slightly higher voltage and only reducing the voltage to the float voltage when the charge current becomes low. With my 7.5A rated panels, I can recover the batteries charge in a day after spending a weekend contesting at 100W, so the additional efficiency is not a major concern. The charge system also works well on field day at QRP power levels.

73 Bill AE6JV