Bingo, finally (3rd cable I tried) found a good cable that cleared up the problem.

--
GB & 73
K5OAI

On 6/9/2016 10:45 AM, Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ, Elecraft wrote:
Check the connections on the BNC cable between your K3 and P3 and
re-seat them. Also, if you have an extra BNC-BNC cable, try replacing
this cable.

Also, if this BNC is run near switching power supplies etc. it can pick
up noise like this.

73,
Eric
/elecraft.com/