Hi everyone,

I have a little used W2 wattmeter that has stopped working, but I have recently
had access to a working unit so I could test the display and sensor unit
independently. Both of mine have faults -

The display has lost port nr 1 and it looks like R10 has been damaged on the
PCB. What physical size is this resistor? I can see from the cct diagram that it
is 330R. I don't do much SMD work so don't recognise the physical sizes.....

My 2KW HF sensor displays high SWR and low power into a known good load when
used with my friends "good" W2. I cant see any physical problems, so how do I go
about fault finding this or getting it fixed?

Can I use a regular Ethernet cable to connect display and sensor? I used one to
test my display with a known good sensor on port 2, but sometimes the display
went haywire whilst on the air. I see elecraft supply a flat 8P8C RJ45 cable, so
I guess there is an engineering reason for that?

Thanks for your advice!

73

Steve, M0BPQ