This thread has lead me to notice the comments on operating voltage. I’ve been
having some trouble with my K-3 and the MCU LD message on startup. It was
suggested that I monitor the voltage on the rig during operation. I get the
13.5 on receive. But the voltage drops as low as 10.5 on 100 watt transmit. I
have an Astron power supply that is rated at 35 amps, very conservative for
this usage. I have used it to power 100 watt rigs in the past with no problem.

Is it normal to register voltage as low as I’m seeing on my K-3? The power
supply has meters for amps and volts and the voltage indicated during power
cycles is unchanged. So it appears the voltage drop is at the rig. I can ever
see dimming of the dial light in some situations. I don’t think the power
supply is failing since I don’t notice these symptoms with any other rigs. And
no, I never use the power supply for more than one rig at a time.

Jimmy Walker
WA4ILO
Macon, GA

On Jun 20, 2016, at 1:09 PM, Clay Autery