Joel,

I also needed to switch between microphones and Data input with my KX3. I built
a simple switch box myself, nothing more than some sockets, switches and wires.
It allows me to select headset mic, desk mic or sound card.

Also use the HA 400 on the receive side. I leave the KX3 audio at 40 all the
time and adjust the HA400 to give me the volume I need, which for my sound card
and wireless headphones is about 50% vol. My powered speakers and wired
headphones about 25%.

73 from David GM4JJJ