      From: John Langdon <jlangd...@austin.rr.com>
 To: 'Craig Smith' <cr...@powersmith.net>; "'Dauer, Edward'"
<eda...@law.du.edu>
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
 Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2016 6:36 PM
 Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Sloping Terrain vs Feedline Losses

The elevated radials should help reduce near field I2R losses, but the sloping
terrain will help far field reinforcement and produce 'gain' in some
directions, although at 80M it should slope for further than a mile away to
really make a difference.  I do not think elevated radials will change the far
field reflections from the sloping terrain in any way.

At 80M, even small hardline should have very low loss, so I would go for the
location that has the better terrain profile.

73 John N5CQ