>From the 'client' machine? From the 'server' machine connected to the W2? If
from the 'client', what exact settings are you using?

You've not got anything like Windows Firewall running on either end, have
you? Have any updates been done on either PC? What OSs are you working with?

73, and a firm left handshake,
John (XLX)

-----Original Message-----
From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of JOE
Sent: 28 August 2016 16:59
To: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] W-2 Wattmeter software

Hello to All,

I'm having trouble with connecting to the W-2 wattmeter with the Elecraft W2
Interface software available on the website using an internet connection.
The wattmeter is V1.00 software and the W-2 software is V1.12.1.18  The
error is "Looking for a W2 on Network".

I had this working in the past and now it has me stumped.  Using Putty
communication software I can connect to the remote W-2 and it responds with
V1.00 when I invoke the "V" command so I know the connection is good. Using
a direct connection to the W2 from the computer com port works fine.  I'm
using the factory cable that did work in the past.

The W2 Interface software is set up with Network (TCP/IP) checked, Client,
and the server IP and port that worked with Putty.

This has me stumped.  It has to be something simple that I am missing.

73, Joe, K1ike

delivered to j...@eeek.org.uk