Hi Randy

>From your description, it sounds as though you are hooking up a USB cable
(to something) as well as the cable to the K3 itself.

The power for the Kpod comes through the data cable from the rig so extra
power should not be needed.

Have you updated your K3 to firmware version 5.50 or later ?  Otherwise it
will not work. Likewise you need to upgrade K3 Utility to 1.16.3.11 or
later so you can program the K3 with macros.

73

Barry  VK2BJ