Tim,

Do you have *anything* plugged into the LINE IN jack on the K3S? If so, that overrides audio from the internal CODEC.

I don't know Apple, but I do know the K3. Go to your computer's soundcard gain and set the slider for the soundcard output to about 2/3 of maximum. THEN - during the Fldigi transmit, set the K3S LINE IN level to produce 4 bars solid with the 5th bar flickering on the ALC meter. That is the proper drive level. Note that for the K3/K3S, this is the NO ALC point. Adjust the desired power with the power knob. Ignore the internet advice to use the audio level to adjust the power - the K3/K3S is different than most transceivers in its power control mechanism.

BTW, you can do those transmit adustments with the K3/K3S in TX TEST mode so no RF is generated - keep the airways clean of "tuneup signals".

73,
Don W3FPR